In 2006, the Krum United Methodist Church celebrated 130 years in service.
First organized in 1876, the church served as a center for school and worship. As membership grew and expanded, they kept records of the congregation, the church, and the surrounding community. The records were preserved and contribute greatly to the understanding of North Texas’ development through the years. Click here to see the earliest register of the Krum United Methodist Church, covering the years 1886 to 1925 with hand-written notations.
The church was first organized in 1876 on the land that is now the present day Jackson cemetery. The purpose of the building was so the community could have a place for school and worship. There were ten to twelve charter members at the time. In 1891 the schoolhouse was moved to the new town of Krum, and the Methodists continued to use it until a new church was erected in 1901. That building was located near present day Hattie Dyer primary school. Services were conducted there until 1924 when the basement for the building was built. In 1934, the Sanctuary was added and then in 1975, the addition of the education wing completed the structure.
In 1995, Krum United Methodist Church purchased 10 acres on the east side of Krum at 1001 E. McCart between (then) North Star Bank (now) Independent Bank, and the Blanche Dodd Intermediate School. In April 2009, we moved in to a new facility at this new location. Here we dare to dream that we will continue to do the work of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.